- Annual mammogram I cannot miss because my sister passed away from breast and lung cancer at the age of 50. $615.98 – Negotiated to $277.19. Paid by Aetna as it is preventive , but my surgeon had to make it a screening mammogram rather than a preferred diagnostic exam because a diagnostic mammogram is not covered.
- Required annual thyroid sonogram because of multiple nodules – Cost for only the sonogram: $981.72. Aetna negotiated discount: $539.95. MY 100-PERCENT OUT-OF-POCKET RESPONSIBILITY: $441.77
- Radiologist bill for thyroid sonogram: Not yet received, but 100 PERCENT MY RESPONSIBILITY.
- Follow up with surgeon to discuss thyroid sonogram results: $73.34--MY 100-PERCENT OUT-OF-POCKET RESPONSIBILITY
- Dermatologist to check growth. $65.14—MY 100-PERCENT OUT-OF-POCKET RESPONSIBILITY. In-office procedure to remove the growth is scheduled for next week: MY 100-PERCENT OUT-OF-POCKET RESPONSIBILITY.
- Initial Psychiatry Session $185
- Follow Up Psychiatry Session $ 95
- Therapy Session with Licensed Psychologist or Therapist $ 85
- A simple refill of my anxiety medication N/A – SUFFER, TEXAS RETIRED EDUCATORS!
And suffering is what I am doing right now as I contemplate crossing the border to Mexico to get the medications there, something I have never done, but…